Saturday, June 25, 2011

Going Green

This past week's recipe highlighted the vibrantly green vegetable broccoli.  I headed to The City Market and searched for the best looking broccoli since it was going to be the star of the dish.  Of course, I found this recently picked from the farm, beautiful bundle of joy that still had its leaves.  I thought this added a nice touch and I picked up three.

For those of you who are not meat eaters, I'm sorry, you may need to skip this week's post.  But this recipe called for a thinly sliced flank steak; which really made me happy since I am, admittedly, a fan of red meat.  I served this mixture of broccoli, flank steak, crisped garlic and red pepper flakes over brown rice, and it was so good!

Beef, Broccoli & Crisp Garlic Saute








As always, a huge thank you to The City Market for providing the inspiration to cook using these amazingly fresh ingredients!

Allie Coyle
Kansas City Photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment