Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bread: I Knead It!

I love carbs.  Well, more specifically pastas and breads.  I don't know the entire science behind why you should shy away from them, but I don't think I could ever turn my back on such an amazing food group!  I do try to stick with whole wheat in bread and even now when it comes to baking, which I think tastes better anyway....

Anyway, the point of this post is to highlight one of the additional reasons I love going to The City Market in Kansas City and to show you the latest recipe from my market finds.

I happened upon a little store tucked into The City Market's permanent vendors area called Bloom Baking Co.   Gabe and I were drawn in by the sight of their lovely macarons as it reminded us of our favorite dessert boutique Pistacia Vera in Columbus Ohio's German Village area.  Well, needless to say, Bloom also has an array of beautiful breads that are tasty just to look at!  Here are a few we picked up on our recent trip.  Here they are... an Italian bread and their Focaccia bread.





Also, while at The City Market, I picked up a bunch of juicy fresh red grapes for this week's recipe.  I was excited to try my hand at baking my own focaccia bread and took the recipe from the pages of my favorite Cooking from the Farmer's Market cookbook.  This Grape & Walnut Focaccia bread was infused with rosemary olive oil (which was just simmering olive oil with fresh rosemary).  I didn't know how the grapes would play into this more seemingly savory bread, but the sweetness offered that perfect blend of both!







Well, I thought I'd highlight my love of bread and, of course, The City Market which provides such fresh ingredients and great year-round vendors!  

Next up:  A Sneak Peek of my latest Kansas City Family photography session!

Thanks for stopping by!

Allie Coyle
Kansas City Photographer



No comments:

Post a Comment